About Atec Solutions Ltd.
Atec Solutions Ltd. is an Information and Communications Technology company in the truest sense. We are a wide ranging computer consultancy and telecommunications company specialising in the small and medium sized business sector. Our main business objective is very simple, we aim to provide a "one stop shop" for all computer and telecommunications related services, for all manner of small and medium sized businesses, primarily in the East Anglia region. In particular we aim to provide value to our clients, redressing the technological imbalance between small and large companies, by providing an "on demand" resource which clients can call on, in much the same way that larger companies rely on their own internal IT departments.
Our greatest strength is our ability to communicate effectively. We listen to our clients, understand their needs and explain our proposed solutions without resorting to techno mumbo-jumbo. As our clients will testify: "We Speak Plain English!"
Our services include:
- General computer consultancy
- Web site design, construction and hosting
- Network, Telephony and Communications solutions
- Advice on purchasing and strategy
- Trouble-shooting and problem resolution
- On-demand remote support
- Custom application development
- Local and wide area network design and installation
- Internet connectivity - fixed and mobile
- Supply and procurement
Our clients range from 'one man band's through to companies of over 60 employees. The majority of our clients are small businesses, employing a handful of people, across a wide diversity of business sectors such as: accountants, architects, chartered surveyors, doctors, farmers, furniture manufacturers, machinery suppliers, and schools.
We have also provided services to the public sector, including Health Authorities and the Chamber of Commerce
Our experience and flexibility means we have been able to undertake a diverse range of projects of all sizes for our clients including:
- several "New Office" installations where we have designed, provided and installed: structured network cabling; electrical power and lighting; telephone systems; computing and network equipment; distributed internet access and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) to link remote offices.
- design and development of a sale-by-tender management system for a firm of Chartered Surveyors
- design and installation of a local area network for a medical centre
- numerous customised database and spreadsheet solutions
- construction of specialised PC systems for installation in an onboard marine navigation system
- several local networks utilising linux servers
- planning and installation of a network with 60+ computers for a local school
- an fully online membership system for a rugby club
Our core team consists of three people:
- John Feeney-Howells - consultant and managing director with nearly 30 years experience
- Peter Woods - consultant with over 15 years experience
- Sacha Feeney-Howells - administration
We also have a number of highly qualified professional associates, able to provide assistance and additional manpower when required.
John Feeney-Howells has nearly 30 years experience in the computing industry having started his career with British Telecom at their research centre in Martlesham Heath, Suffolk. Latterly he worked for the off-shore construction giant John Brown Engineers and Constructors (now Kaverner), London, before leaving to form his own consultancy firm in 1994. Mr Feeney-Howells is now the Managing Director of Atec Solutions Ltd, incorporated in 1997, a highly successful information technology consultancy specialising in the small business sector. He is a member of the British Computer Society, a Chartered Engineer and is also qualified to use the title of Chartered Information Technologist!
Atec Solutions was founded in 1994 by John Feeney-Howells (formerly Howells) with guidance and part financing from the Suffolk Enterprise Programme (now part of Business Link). The original aim of the company was, as it still is today, to provide high calibre information technology consultancy, and software design & development services to small and medium sized companies, especially companies who are unable to justify employing their own full time computer professionals. As part of our continuing development plan Atec Solutions Limited was incorporated as a limited company in April 1997.